When you text or use your smartphone you are making repetitive movements and putting your thumb through a wide range of motion . Your thumb isn’t really designed for these types of movements.
Texting thumb also known as de Quervain syndrome, is a condition that affects the tendons on the thumb side of your wrist caused By repetitive hand and wrist moments
Thus is also common after pregnancy due to hormonal changes , lifting child
· Pain and swelling near the base of the thumb
· Trouble moving your wrist and thumb
· Burning sensation over thumb side of wrist
· Clicking sound when move thumb
· Diabetes or rheumatoid arthritis
· Have had carpal tunnel surgery
Using gentle pressure, use your index finger on your other hand to stretch your thumb back . Repeat 10 times.
Place an elastic band around your fingers and thumb.Gently move your thumb against the band .Repeat 10 times.
Place your hand on a table
Move your thumb out to the side as far as you can.
Move your thumb back to your fingers.
Repeat 5 to 10 times.
HOW TO AVOID TEXTING THUMB